September 8, 2020
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
MEETING TOPICS & SPEAKERS
Presentation: Ask the Expert Ventilation Seminar
Presenter: Pual Scelsi
Air Vent, Inc., Marketing and Communications Manager
Seminar Summary Description:
This is a technical overview of the various benefits of a balanced attic ventilation system and how to properly specify and install it. The program includes installation tips, how to calculate if there is enough ventilation, real-life case studies, answers to frequently asked questions, and a Q & A period. Each attendee receives a handy attic ventilation slide-chart and a Tips & Answers booklet.
Air Vent’s Attic Ventilation: Ask the Expert™ Seminar Outline:
- Why Ventilate the Attic? This section explains the importance of attic ventilation in today’s more airtight homes and reviews the potential consequences of insufficient attic ventilation. Discussion includes what a balanced attic ventilation system is and why it works best. It also reviews the two key factors affecting the movement of air: thermal effect and wind.
- Picking the Right Vent for the Project. In this section the various intake and exhaust vent options are thoroughly reviewed — by “category” not brand — to help the roofing professional select the right vent that best fits the project.
- How Much Attic Ventilation is Needed? Here we review the latest International Residential Building Code. We walk through the math used to calculate a proper attic ventilation system.
- Installation Tips. In this section we share installation tips we’ve collected from roofing professionals and inspectors throughout the United States and Canada. Tips cover performance and aesthetics when installing intake vents and exhaust vents. Many of the tips have come from past seminar attendees.
- Case Studies. Updated annually.
- Available Resources. There are many third-party resources available to assist roofing professionals. We’ll look at some of them and a few from Air Vent as well.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. In this section we answer the most commonly asked questions that we received at past seminars and through our 1-800-AIR-VENT hotline. Topics include: Can you have too much attic ventilation? How to overcome homeowner objections? What causes ice dams and how to prevent them?
- 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm – Educational Presentation (2 ASHI CE)
- 8:00 pm – Affiliate Member Introductions
- – Business Meeting (1 ASHI CE)
- Officers Elections
- Bylaw Change Elections
To attend you must register online. You will be mailed the link to attend the day before the event.
****NOTE: You will be emailed a short survey after the meeting with the information to claim your CE’s.
Venue: Virtual Meeting
Virtual meeting via GotoMeeting
You will be sent a link to attend the meeting a few days prior to the meeting.