HOW TO MOVE UP IN ASHI
Here are the four steps that you will need to follow to move up in ASHI!
1. Pass the ASHI Standards of Practice (SoP) module.
- Click on ASHI Online Learning Center
- Select login from the right side of the screen, fill in your username and password. Your username is your ASHI member number, your password is your last name.
- Chose the Standards of Practice Education module at the top of the page.
- Click the VIEW button to start the module. When you have completed the SoP module, follow the directions for submitting the passing information to ASHI.
Please select 5 complete home inspection reports, one from 5 different months within the past year and upload to the ASHI Verification portal. These reports will be sent to a report verifier to ensure that they are in compliance with the ASHI Standard of Practice and Code of Ethics. It could take up to 2 weeks for this process and you will be notified of the results. To access the portal, signon with your member number and password, from the members only page, select report verification. Follow the directions for uploading your 5 reports.
After completing report verification you will be sent an Affidavit of Completion for the number of inspections you submitted. You will need to get the affidavit notarized and sent back by email, mail, or fax. We do not need the original affidavit.
Complete steps 1 through 4 and have completed 75 fee paid inspections
Complete steps 1, 3 and 4 AND 75 inspections AND provide documentation of passing a Valid State Exam approved by the Membership Committee
You must complete steps 1 through 4 and have completed 250 inspections.
After notifing ASHI National you will be sent another Affidavit. You will need to get the affidavit notarized and sent back by email, mail, or fax. We do not need the original affidavit.