- 2019 May Peer Review
May 17, 2019
9:30 am - 1:30 pm
The annual St. Louis ASHI Chapter Peer Review Home Inspection is upon us!
This year’s Peer Review event will be held on FRIDAY, MAY 17th, 2019 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. We are expecting this event to be approved by ASHI National for 5 ASHI CE’s.
This is one of the best training events the Chapter provides and is intended for both newbies and old timers. The cost will be $25 per member, payable in advance on credit card or by cash or check at the registration table on the day of the event. No credit card payments are allowed on the day of the event. The $25 fee covers morning coffee, lunch, and other costs to hold the event.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE! Please do not register on the website. If you must cancel, please notify us ASAP so that someone on the waiting list can attend.
Due to the nature of the event, attendance will be limited to the first 30 registrants!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Members will inspect the subject home for significant defects over a 90-minute period. Afterward, we will reconvene at nearby restaurant for lunch with an open discussion and judging of defects relative to the master list of “must find” items developed by the judges. The proctors will be the Education Chair and Board of Directors.
Notification of the location of the peer review house will announced at a later date. Only registered individuals will recieve address of the peer review house one day in advance of the peer review. Lunch is included at a nearby restaurant.
All participants must sign a release form to indemnify the Chapter against property damage. Inspections must be done without climbing on the roof or in the attic. Participants will only be using the provided ladder(s). The electric panel will remain open during the inspection.
Participants will inspect the various areas of the house and take notes along the way. Bring whatever you need to take notes of defects. Sharing and/or acknowledging defects during the inspection will not be tolerated! You must move to the next area (exterior, kitchen, living area) when told by the proctors.
- Please arrive between 8:30 am and 8:45 am. (no sooner)…rain or shine.
- Pay $25 by cash (exact change, please) or check payable to “St. Louis ASHI”.
- To participate, YOU MUST SIGN A RELEASE FORM at the door.
- Any rules we impose will be explained at that time.
- Bring your normal inspection tools (ladder will not be needed & the electric panel will be open).
- Remember that we are looking for “significant” defects to discuss, although you may take whatever notes you desire.
- We will have a shotgun start at 9:00 am.
- We will shut down at 10:30 am.
- We will reconvene at a local restaurant at 11:30 am.
- The judging panel will have a master list of “Must Find” defects on hand.
- We will conclude between 1:00 and 1:30 pm.
ASHI Continuing Education Credit Policy:
Venue: To Be Announced
Location details will be disclosed at a future date.